Friday 5 October 2012

Apple and The Crimson Petal & the White by Michel Faber

The Hand of Fate - me with my eyes closed - chose Apple by Michel Faber, but I can't write about it without writing about The Crimson Petal and theWhite by the same aouthor.  TCP&TW was an "if you like this, you will like that" from Amazon when they still sent out paper books and I did like it, a lot.  It is the only book that I have which starts in the 2nd person. The Author uses it to draw you straight into the harsh world of Victorian England and tells a story about a stripper with a heart of steel.  That world continues in Apple - a series of short stories using the same characters, some sequels, some prequels and some just opening up that world a little bit more. TCP&TW is also in my Top 10 Books of All Time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crimson_Petal_and_the_White

Please note that Wikipedia articles may contain spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment