Friday 23 November 2012

Martha Jean by Leon V Driskell

Martha Jean, is not a novel, it is a short story, but I liked it so much, I brought the whole book with me.  Extremely cathartic, I can't read it and not cry.  It is one of those stories that highlight the human condition and all that is good, all that is bad and all that is ordinary and how we fight to lift ourselves above the ordinary and live the best life we can.  It was written by Leon Driskell, who published very little during his lifetime - a novel, a short story and he co-authored a biography of Flannery O' Connor.  The good news is that while I was checking that I had the correct information on Leon Driskell, I discovered that his one and only novel, Passing Through, is available on Kindle.  I am a lucky fish.

http://www.amazon.com/Passing-Through-Bright-Short-Fiction/dp/1565120566

No comments:

Post a Comment