Friday 14 September 2012

The Go Between by LP Hartley

Another random choice.  I didn't buy this book, it was one of  my sister's setwork books which never got returned.  The name in the front cover is Janine Hopkins 9c.  A classic "coming of age" story where a young Leo Colston gets caught up in adult games with tragic consequences.  It takes me back to high school.  Battered wooden desks that had inkwells even though we wrote with ballpoint pens.  Ugly green school uniforms that we all shortened and loosened.  Rules that taught you how to follow rules. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Go_Between

Please note that Wikipedia articles may contain spoilers.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I absolutely loved 'The Go-Between' I saw it first as a move in about 1970 or so, with Julie Christie and Alan Bates and bought the book with my hard earned pocket money. It hung around on my keeper shelf for years and I must have read it at least three times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great read, thanks for the comment. L

    ReplyDelete